Beyond the familiar tropes of knights and castles, elves and dragons, there is a whole world of possibilities for fantasy literature. This anthology collects fantasy stories whose inspiration lies beyond the traditional medieval European basis. It brings exciting new stories and overlooked voices into the fantasy genre. It comes in two volumes.
This volume contains stories based on real cultures (or their magical analogues) from all over our world. Stories by: Tade Thompson, Mary Anne Mohanraj, Lyn McConchie, Daniel Heath Justice, Dilman Dila, Daniel Ausema, and more.
- A Chinese ex-soldier is confronted by the ghost of a young man he killed in battle.
- Two sisters disagree on how to deal with the African gods who followed their family to modern Britain.
- A blind Japanese girl journeys through the woods to tend her grandparents’ grave and encounters a nefarious fox spirit.
- A Nigerian boy catches a magical fish the local magicians would love to eat. But is it worth more to him to keep it alive?
- A girl from the Caucasus mountains is set to marry a young man from the valley, when an invasion of Cyclopses interrupts the wedding.
Enjoy nineteen stories of fantasy, adventure, and magic from around the world.
Ways to purchase:
- Trade Paperback from our online store
- Trade paperback from Amazon.com
- E-book from our online store (UK only)
- Kindle e-book from Amazon.com
- ePub from DriveThru Fiction
- A girl stows-away on a ship battling to obtain scarce water in a world where the seas are made of lava.
- As dark forces destroy his city, a man has visions of a different life in a peaceful world. Which is the dream and which reality?
- Can an island woman negotiate a dangerous deal with death mages to silence the volcano that threatens her people?
- A shaman’s young assistant is poisoned for discovering a dangerous secret.
- An investigator tries to decipher the message from assassins who use very aggressive flower arranging.
This volume contains stories set in imaginative other-worlds where society can take many different patterns. Stories by: Tanith Lee, Neil Williamson, Adrian Tchaikovsky, Phenderson Djeli Clark, Meghan Hutchins, Tom Fletcher, Melissa Mead, and more
Includes stories set in the worlds of Tanith Lee's Tales from the Flat Earth, Neil Williamson's The Moon King, and Tom Fletcher’s Gleam.
Enjoy nineteen stories of fantasy, adventure, and magic set in unique lands beyond the edge of the known world.
Ways to purchase: